Just in time for school shopping (well, in time for the early birds), we are offering our lunchsacks again! With a velcro closure top that tucks tight and a handle strong enough to withstand a heavy lunch and a game of catch, our LunchSacks are sure to please. Their volume is identical to the ever-successful lunchbug.
Find them here.
Mimi the Sardine is lucky enough to employ Kim Chandler, who was placed here through Integrated Community Services, a Marin non-profit whose mission is to is to “provide a wide range of community-based services for individuals with disabilities in the areas of employment, housing, recreation, information, and referral.” Pia Andersson, Mimi the Sardine’s CEO and founder, received the 2010 Employer of the Year award! Check out our Facebook page to see photos.
Kim is such a light in the office and always is getting everyone to feel happy. She is always winning medals in sporting events and making beautiful artwork. She is also very self-confident, telling everyone that “she is the best”, which is great for everyone to hear – we all copy her!
We recently received this email from a customer that was so wonderful we wanted to share it! It is copied below.
Dear Mimi 🙂
I wanted to let you know how much we LOVE your Lunchbugs and why. My 6 year old daughter is bright, funny and the light of my life, and this past fall, was diagnosed with autism. Because of the latter she is an extremely picky eater so we send lunches to school with her. At the beginning of Kindergarten, I bought her 2 Lunchbugs. A bright & cheery lunch bag makes lunchtime special and it’s easy for her to spot hers amongst bags & coats in her classroom’s cubbies. She has the sweetest classmates that love to help her in many ways, one of which is helping her carry her lunch to the cafeteria. My daughter’s teacher is very accommodating & understands my concern for her diet. Since the medication she takes suppresses her appetite, she thoughtfully packs whatever is uneaten back in her bag and sends it home, so I can see how much she’s eating or not eating. That means, I am washing her lunchbugs 2 to 3 times a week.
Now & then, they come with us to therapy and trips to see out-of-town specialists. Sometimes, we are in unfamiliar cities talking to new doctors and therapists. These trips can be scary & intimidating for her (and mommy!). But we can always break for a snack, and out comes our familiar Lunchbug and it always makes us feel better! If you are a parent of a child with special needs, you can understand what a difference this makes in a tough and arduous day of therapy.
The school year will be over in a few weeks and both bags look fabulous. Minimal fading (if any), no wear on stitching…perfect. And keep in mind, they’re machine-washed weekly. Next year, I will buy her another two bags, and retire the 2 we have now for outings and vacations. A lunchbug will be accompanying us to the Bahamas at the end of the month!
Your website says that you strive to make meaningful products, and this is what your Lunchbugs mean to us: familiarity, comfort & calmness for an amazing girl that needs a little help processing everything going on in this busy, noisy world. You have an incredible product, and it brightens our day!
Life is messy, and kids are even messier! Keep them clean with our new sweet messy baby bibs, which feature the crumb-catching pocket our bibs have made famous and long sleeves. They tie at the neck to guarantee generous spill protection and double as an art smock for the expressive toddler artist. As always, machine washable and eco-friendly! Fits 6 – 24 months.
Thanks to all our contestants for a great photo contest! This was fun and we will be doing it again.
1st place! for Michelle Sterling, we award $200 worth of Mimi the Sardine merchandise.
2nd Place! for Kathleen Walck, any product of her choice from our kids line (excluding tablecloths).
3rd Place! Yumi receives any product of her choice from our kids line (excluding tablecloths).
The people spoke! Our Facebook Choice award goes to Hazel Loskutoff, who receives any product of her choice from our kids line (excluding tablecloths).
Hey customers! You know our products best. Enter our customer photo contest! Take a picture of a cutie with products from our current line and be eligible to win $200 worth of Mimi the Sardine merchandise!
Download our contest flyer by clicking here: Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest Flyer
Download the release form necessary to win by clicking here: Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest release
The rules are listed below, or you can download them here: Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest Rules
Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest Rules
Enter photographs in the following format by emailing them to lisa [at] mimithesardine [dot] com and mailing us the release form at 999 Andersen Dr Suite 110/San Rafael, CA 94901
⌂ 300 or more DPI
⌂ Featuring a child model and a product from our current line
- Disclosure; Submission PeriodNo donation, purchase, or obligation of any kind by the entrant is necessary to win. (However, free products will not be provided or loaned out for the purpose of this contest). Any donation or purchase made by you will not increase your chances of winning. The Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 26, 2010 and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on February 28, 2010 (the “Submission Period”).
Open to professional and nonprofessional photographers 18 years of age or older.
- To EnterTo enter submit your photograph to email@example.com during the Submission Period and sign this document. You may enter as many photos and stories as you would like in the contest.
Any entry will be deemed ineligible if it is illegible, incomplete, if it fails to meet the required specifications, if it is received before the Submission Period begins or after it ends, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of Mimi the Sardine.
By entering the contest, you warrant that your entry is original, that you are the sole owner and copyright holder of your entry, and that you have not granted exclusive rights to all or part of your entry to any other person or entity. You also warrant that your entry does not invade the right of privacy of any individual; does not infringe any trademark, trade name, trade secret, intellectual property right, or other common law or statutory right; nor does it contain any material that might be deemed offensive or obscene, or that otherwise violates any criminal prohibition or the personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
All entries shall become the property of Mimi the Sardine when received and shall not be returned.
- How the Winner Will Be DeterminedThe judges at Mimi the Sardine will select the photos they deem the winners and post them on their website, contact the winners, and give them their prizes.
- Prizes$200 worth of Mimi the Sardine merchandise (of the winner’s choice), and the publication of their photo on our blog, Facebook page, website, and marketing materials.
- Winner Notification/Prize ClaimsThe Winners, Runners-Up, and Finalists will be selected by March 15, 2010, and will be notified by telephone and/or email by March 22, 2010. In the event that a Winner is unable to accept a Prize, an alternate Winner will be selected. The Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, and, where legal, a Publicity Release, all of which must be returned within 30 days of attempted prize notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of noncompliance with these Rules, or if a Prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Additional TermsBy accepting a prize, the Winner consents to Mimi the Sardine’s use of his or her photos and/or biographical information for promotional and other purposes related to the 2010 or any future Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The Winner, by acceptance of any prize, acknowledges compliance with these Rules and agrees to release Mimi the Sardine (“Releasees”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest or the receipt, redemption, or use of any prize, including any injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession, or awarding of any prize.
By entering the Contest, you agree to grant to Mimi the Sardine, its legal representatives, successors, and assigns the nonexclusive right and permission to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish, and distribute your entry, or any portion thereof, including your photo, throughout the world, in any printed form and by any kind of mechanical or electronic or any other method or device of reproduction, publication, and distribution known or later developed, during the full term of the copyright, and without notification or payment. Mimi the Sardine agrees that it will never sell your entry or rights in your entry to any individual or entity.
- Limitation of LiabilityReleasees are not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors of any kind in any contest-related materials or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. If, for any reason, the Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest is not capable of running as planned, or infection by computer viruses, bugs, or tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, actions of entrants, technical failures, or any other causes corrupt or infect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest, Mimi the Sardine reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Mimi the Sardine Customer Photo Contest and at its sole discretion award a prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries validly received prior to the action requiring such modification.
- SponsorMimi the Sardine is the sole sponsor of the Contest.
On Tuesday, January 26th at 9 am EST, Mimi the Sardine lunchbags will go on sale at 40% off at EcoBabyBuys.com! Hurry on over as they will definitely sell out quickly!
About Eco Baby Buys:
“Our goal is also to alleviate any additional stress that comes with being a busy parent. Not everyone finds the time to address the safety record of a manufacturer or knows where to start to look. We take pride in researching our vendors to meet a strict criteria so that we may provide the best and safest possible products on the market for our children. In fact, our introductory letter to our partners listed the following criteria:
· the use of non-toxic materials and dyes;
· the use of organic and/or recycled textiles and materials;
· the use of eco-friendly packaging;
· and a commitment and adherence to the standards of fair-trade.
Now for the best part: Our “one deal a day” format gives you all of the above for at least 40% off regular retail prices. Our deals go green at 9 am EST, but you have to be quick with your mouse (or smartphone) because it’s on a first come, first serve basis.”